To Huntington residents:
The Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic is changing the way everyone lives and works and that includes the Huntington Fire Department. We will get through this together. Your Huntington Fire Department continually monitors the latest information to protect the entire Huntington community. Here are some important tips to follow:
- Follow the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Unless you are in severe distress, stay home and self-quarantine.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water and/or hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Maintain social distancing and avoid close personal contact.
- Wear masks. Cover your mouth and nose when around others and always cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Stay informed and stay in touch.
With an abundance of caution…we are taking preventive actions to protect our crews, because if our first responders are accidentally exposed, they will have to be quarantined and would no longer be available to serve the community.
- If you have or suspect you have the coronavirus and need assistance, please notify the Huntington Fire Department dispatcher when you call, and post a note on your door alerting our First Responders to take additional precautions.
- If you see an ambulance or firetruck, please do not approach them to minimize the potential transfer of the virus.
- In the event that we must respond to assist you, our members will be wearing protective equipment and practice social distancing while surveying your status from 6 feet away prior to patient treatment.
- A surgical mask will be placed on you for further protection. If you are in possession of a surgical mask for some reason, please wear it before the crew comes to your door.
Please help us assist you by abiding by the federal, NY State and local government guidelines. By working together, we will get through this.