The brainchild of Bruce Smith, the new Fire Museum will soon be open to the public thanks to the efforts of many, in particular Museum Committee members George Bodner, Ken Cochrane, Nick Ambrosio and Skip Schwier. Artifacts include vintage fire trumpets, an original hose reel, an original hand pump and our beautiful 1922 American LaFrance pumper. Memorabilia includes old certificates, photos and the framed Engine Company charter. A 1930s era chemical cart is currently under restoration.
Special thanks go to Mary Smith who purchased the old Wall Street firehouse building and encouraged our salvage efforts. Visitors will see the original firehouse flooring dating to 1843 as well as two original windows and original siding. History is coming alive in Huntington!